Thursday, September 11, 2008

original project


sketchmodel drawing
i had a lot of trouble coming up with an idea, all of mine were way too literal. Graham asked me to pick what i liked about the leaf and it was the yellow spots, so i worked my place for a leaf around that. I wanted to make rays going through the leaf to give it its "place."


first try
But unfortunately the leaf was too delicate to puncture any holes in it, and the tissue paper i was using to be more translucent was unable to support the paper leaf on top. So i had to rethink my project again.


new idea for final project
the bottom will be yellow and round to represent a sun, and the "rays" will go through the more resilient paper leaves, and will also serve as the support by hoisting them up from behind. My leaf will be in the middle because it is the most special.



No comments: