Friday, October 10, 2008

Unity Project






I don't have my original model but here are the sketches i took of it. My precedent was an infinity symbol and i tried to create one using the skewers to connect the bristol, but had trouble created a smooth figure eight without being able to cut the paper. I also needed to push behind my precedent and make something more original.


i decided to try something new, with two opposing spirals adjacent to eachother, supported by two skewers which would lift the front of the model to give a more flattering angle. I did have a lot of craft kinks to get out, making the spirals smooth and even. The skewers holding them together didn't help.









my final unity project. I tried to have the two support skewers going through the spirals the least amount possible, so it would not look as forced or messy. I made the spirals tighter and one larger than the other to show expansion and contraction. I also made the skewers going in the same direction but pushed to different extremes of the sides to give it a more continuous upward motion.

No comments: